Free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation
Now you can install a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate via the ISPmanager control panel.
This is a free SSL certificate that is issued after the domain name check (DV – domain validation). Its specific feature is that the certificate has to be renewed manually every 3 months. But ISPsystem has created a separate module for the ISPmanager control panel, which renews the certificate automatically 7 days before its expiration date.
The certificate is installed in 6 steps
1. Log in to the ISPmanager panel as the root user.
2. Install the Let’s Encrypt plugin (Encrypt) in the Integration –> Modules section.
3. Select Let’sEncrypt in the web server’s Settings–> SSL Certificates section.
4. Fill in the form fields selecting the user and the domain you want to install the certificate for. Please note that the domain name must lead to a functional site, otherwise the domain will not pass validation and the certificate will not be issued.
5. After you press the OK button, the self-signed certificate will be installed on the site. Once the domain check process is completed, the type will change into “Existing”.
6. Done. Open the domain name in a browser, a green lock symbol will appear on its left, which means that the connection is protected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’sEncrypt is suitable only for web sites
The certificates do not support domains containing national symbols in their names (IDN)
Only the domain ownership is checked
The certificate is issued in a matter of minutes
The certificate is valid forever
Trusted by web browsers
Subdomains are not supported
Automation is supported only for one domain
Did we misspell? Select the mistake and press CTRL+ENTER